Honeymoon Avenue




I finally got my @ss in gear and uploaded my honeymoon pictures! It only took me 6 months....but hey! Better late than never is what they say, right? I figured I'd share them here since the 3rd, is my official 6 month wedding anniversary. (So far, so good!)

It was really nice to go through all of them again and relive such a magical vacation.
It also makes me long for the sun and the warmth again!!! My god, I am so over Winter.

We spent a long weekend in LA and then 5 days in Mexico. We both had never been to either place. Fun fact: this was the first plane ride John and I took together in 5 years! We really wanted to be traditional when we decided to get married. ( We drove to different states for mini vacations throughout our courtship. Don't worry, we did visit more than the Island of Manhattan!) We waited to travel, we waited to live together...... I wanted to feel and see the difference between my single life and my married life. I don't regret those decisions. My life totally changed the day I got married I'm glad we did it the way we did.

Anyhoot, here are some of my fav shots from my trip! Don't mind the food....you're gonna see lots of it!



Airport shot! No sleep! We departed 6 hours after the wedding ended. Was I cray?! 
We had enough time to run home, change, pack last minute essentials and of course count our wedding loot! :)
I still have to pick up our wedding pictures and send out Thank You's by the way. My mother is going to have a heart attack. But lets leave those details for another time, mmmmm? Back to the vacay!


























I don't particularly care for Vanessa Williams, but it's my name so her star was a must. In my mind, I just etched out her last name and envisioned mine instead!


























God bless In n' Out Burger. It puts any fast food burger to shame! Now I know what the hype is all about. If I make it back to Cali, which I plan on, I won't leave without a visit to this place!
Does L.A. really have it better? I'm starting to question the East Coast.....




























































































This was the restaurant in The Roosevelt hotel we had breakfast at. Beautiful little spot. Hefty little bill.....lol





















This was John's breakfast. I had this awesome egg, avocado sandwich with some special aioli.....so good. So many pictures on my old phone I currently can't get to. :(
I need to find a way to salvage those.....if nothing else, my honeymoon pictures!















The one and only, Frankie! 









































I do love cake......

and I am a snob!

The Grove, Robertson, Fred Segal, La Brea, etc.  - shopping in  LA was beautiful, but I couldn't find that magical "thing" I was looking to take home from my travels. I wasn't sure if I wanted a fab piece of clothing or perhaps a trinket for the apartment.....I just knew when I saw it, I would know that was it. Sadly, I never found it. But I have the memories!













































I cant believe all of the yummy food pictures from STK are in my old phone. What a meal....so delicious. AND Olivia Parlermo sat RIGHT next to us with two of her girlfriends. I gawked at her the entire night.  John didn't "get it".....but it wasn't for him to get. I got it. lol












































We drove to Malibu......how beautiful. Malibu was everything my warm, sparkly and magical California dreams were made of. I MUST GET BACK. The only place I will ever leave NY for is California. 




















































































































































































































You have not lived if you have not had Roscoe's!! 
"4:00am at the waffle house.....5:00am now we at my house....."
All things hood fabulous and delicious! xoxo







































































































































Goodbye my beloved California.....til we meet again. And we will meet again..... <3 <3
























We had a two hour layover  in Dallas......what does one do with two hours in Dallas? You eat down home southern food from the food court! 
annnnnnd onto Mexico!


















































































This was the shower of all showers.....I will never love another shower this much again in life.





































































































































































































































a leg's view? lol















































































































































Room service was my favorite thing! This was an all inclusive resort so there were several restaurants as well as room service available to you at all times and I absolutely indulged in the room service  as much as I could. It was so nice just eating in your bathing suit or your pajamas right outside on your private patio and not having to get dressed or leave your room.
Such a luxury!
I miss my tan! :(



























































I was walking down to the beach and this little guy popped out of nowhere and scared the living s--t out of me! lol
But then he kinda became my friend. :)



































We did the wave runners..... it was only fun for like 5 minutes. John was zipping all over the place and I was just waiting for it to be over. The faster I went, the salt water sprayed in my mouth and burned my eyes, I couldn't see a thing and I kept getting slapped in the face with waves.  Wave running/Jet Skiing.....off the bucket list. Hopefully, not to return!
But I did look cute in my life jacket..... ;)





















Typically, I'm not a drinker. I have the occasional drink every once in a while but that's as far as I go. In Mexico, I was a tropical frozen drink lush! They were so good.....I just kept them coming.
If I could make these at home, I'd be attending a meeting very soon.



































































































We saw these in the Mexican airport. For the record, if peanut M&M's were really this price in America, I'd be skinny. I think I just came up with the solution to my yo yo dieting......hmmm






















Bye Bye Mexico.....what a trip....what a honeymoon....I will never forget it.
Looking at these pictures makes me smile so much. It also makes me sad because I wish to be back there! Hopefully, we'll be blessed to take more vacations like this one.

Now, lets go Summer! I'm ready to get brown again! *WITH SPF* , a drop of natural sun and bronzer, of course!  V.V. doesn't "do" wrinkles and brown spots.
What? You didn't know? As well as being initials for my name, V.V. stands for very vain. :)
Happy vacationing, y'all!

Leave a Comment

  1. I'm glad that someone else thinks the same way as I do! I don't want to live with my boyfriend before we get married because then I feel like nothing changes after you're married, you already lived together!

    P.S.- so jealous you say next to OP!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are two peas in a fashionable pod, Cath!! :)

    ReplyDelete