Athleisure!




Athleisure. A combination of athletic and leisure wear. A "new" way of dressing for lazy but vain people. I'm 2 out of 2 - sign me up! 

I say "new" because when discussing this with my friend Clascy, she jokingly but not jokingly said to me - are you kidding me? Athleisure? I've been in yoga pants and t-shirts for years now!  She does have a point. You can't take a pair of sweats and act like you're reinventing the wheel.........or can you?

I did some recon on this and I get it. It's relaxed dressing but there's an art to it.
You can't just put a dirty hoodie on and call it athleisure wear. The same way you would put a dressed to the nines outfit together, you have to build this one with the same amount of detail and love. Your shoes (mostly sneakers in this case) have to match - the doper, the better,  we're still carrying nice bags and sunglasses - Starbucks coffee optional. ;-)

So, picture Sporty Spice making a run to Target with a gaggle of Paparazzi behind her!

Doesn't have to just be for weekends, errands or lazy days. This absolutely works for gym gear also. Maybe not for 6:00am sessions when only 1 of my eyes is open but definitely for 7:30pm Zumba class when both my clothing and my dance moves show up to show out!

I'm absolutely a fan of POLISHED lazy dressing - I am a total convert. As usual, they suck me right in! I have a few great looks coming up for fall because I've been so inspired by this new fad. These are 2 looks I had recently. Definitely more to come.

And don't be comin' at me with your Old Navy pajama bottoms with the hole in em' talkin' about it's Athleisure wear. Stop it. It's not the same thing! lol





























































































Look #1

Same sneaker but white is sold out - make your own here!

White Tank

Sports bra




Look #2

Nike Presto Sneakers








































Leave a Comment

Post a Comment