Yummy Skirt Steak




Happy hump day! I've been meaning to buy and make skirt steak for a while now and I finally got to it. This was last night's dinner. I think it was delicious and very easy. So for my fellow carnivores, here ya go! 


























I dug in my fridge and came up with a marinade. Again, no exact measurements. 
I used a 1/3 measuring cup and did equal parts of these ingredients and tossed it all in a zip lock bag and swished it all around. Talk about professionalism! ;)


1/3 Ken's Asian sesame dressing

1/3 Ken's light options balsamic dressing

Less than 1/3 cup  A1 Steak sauce - this is strong so a little of this goes a long way.

Less than 1/3 cup Kikkoman Less Sodium soy sauce - also VERY strong.

Sliced red onion (the amount id to your liking)

A ton of garlic. If you like garlic obviously, which I do. I used my garlic press and squeezed in about 7-8 cloves. There is nothing better (to me) than the smell and flavor of fresh garlic!
Jarred garlic is fine too!

Sprinkle fresh black pepper and salt on both sides of your skirt steak.

Throw it all in a ziplock bag and mush/swish away! I let it marinate for about an hour. 
You can go as long as you like.

















I use this reversible double griddle. Liberally brush olive oil on the grill, heat it up really good and then place the steak (or whatever you're grilling) diagonally across the grill so you get the smokey grill marks that you would from a traditional barbecue. Two things:

1. This grill is fantastic! It's truly like having a BBQ grill in your kitchen. The other side is flat and ideal for pancakes, eggs, veggies, etc.

2. It's a BITCH to clean up, but if you love BBQ like I do, it's worth it.


























I usually enjoy my steak well done and crispy. The same can't be said for skirt steak. I enjoy it medium inside where it takes on that "shredding" quality it's known for.

I cooked mine for about 15-20 minutes. 


























That was the end result. I served it with a hefty side of asparagus and that sweet red onion.

I saved and froze the rest of my skirt steak for another meal in the coming weeks. If I had any leftovers from dinner (which you know I didn't!) , I would have sliced the steak up and put that on top of a nice big salad for a decadent lunch. You could even make skirt steak sandwiches!

I think I was intimidated by skirt and maybe that's why it took me so long to try it at home.

I'm glad I tackled this one.  I hope you try it and think it's delicious and easy as well!

Save me some!


 - V.V.






Leave a Comment