Lip Lovin'




I thought I would share with you some of my favorite lipsticks that I am wearing quite frequently this season. Like my clothes, my makeup tends to get a bit darker in the colder months. I like a saturated lip in the Fall and Winter. I also find that I tend to go for lipstick over lip gloss. It gives me a more dramatic finish and makes me feel put together.
(AND my when my hair is flying all over the place in the cold wind, it doesn't get plastered to the side of my face!)
I also find that I can get away with being much lazier (YAY!) in these months because a bold lip doesn't call for much else on the face so really, I slip on my shades, a swipe of lipstick and I'm out the do'! 

*No Flash*
 *Flash*

























From left to right:

Smashbox "Pretty Social" - This is the perfect pink/ nude that doesn't wash me out. I think a "go-to" nude is a color everyone should have ready to use in their collection for all seasons and occasions. It can be your signature color when you are not delving into different shades.
For me, this has quickly become my absolute favorite. I like that it is a satin finish, it gives me a drop of sheen and doesn't leave me looking like a zombie. 

MAC "Plumful" - This is a pretty, sheer berry color for all year round. It's a good everyday color without full commitment to a statement lip.

MAC "Pure Heroine" - VA VA VOOM! This is a straight up, dark, bold, rich, gorgeous "in your face" color and while some might think it's too much, I have to say, it's not! I have very fair skin and it really compliments an Autumn/Winter look. Don't let the initial color scare you off, It's very wearable. I get lots of compliments and I know you will too!


Maybelline -Mattes- "Lust for Blush"- The perfect rose/violet matte color. It's very creamy, if that makes sense for a matte finish. It's moisturizing and has such a nice feel on the lips. It's also very pigmented. This has quickly become a cult favorite - don't believe me? Take to the internet - YouTube in particular and you will find that the bloggers (haaaay!) and vloggers swear by this color! If you can find it, snatch it while you can!!!

Smashbox "Fig" - While I am partial to plum and berry colors, I do enjoy a nice dark burgundy color, something with that cool red tone to it. This is that color. It gives me a dark lip but again - it's still wearable. 


I hope you get a chance to check one (or all) of these out and find a favorite of your own!

xoxo,
V.V.
































Leave a Comment

Post a Comment