Cozy Autumn Home




Being cozy is one of my favorite feelings.  Obviously, and especially in the colder months.
My husband & I live in an apartment and not a house so its especially important to me to make the place look and feel warm, inviting and aesthetically pleasing.

When Autumn rolls around, I like to add little touches that make a big difference.
You shouldn't have to settle for anything less than fabulous no matter WHERE you live, no matter WHAT budget you have. 

I took some snaps of cute little things I did around the apartment to achieve cozy.



This is the entrance to my apartment. I like piling up the pumpkins on the stairs. Sortve like what you would do with the outside of a house - just inside!
It's also unexpected and welcoming when you first walk in. And this rug. I love this damn rug! I change my hall and kitchen rugs often because there are so many colors, prints and varieties, it's hard to commit to just one. I found this one online and fell in love because it reminded me so much of myself......chic, sophisticated, sassy and sarcastic! ;)







































Mini pumpkins on my garden stool....







































For my bedroom, I was going back and forth with buying a full rug to go under my bed and hit the perimeter of the room and every time I found one that I wanted to purchase, I would hesitate. Picking a color and a pattern would mean having to have the bedding and curtains match that particular rug- thus, not allowing for change -  which I absolutely crave and need.
I became semi-obsessed with the sheepskin rugs that are everywhere in the last year or two. I researched and found the perfect one for the foot of my bed. I love it so much! It's neutral, matches with everything, soft, luxurious and convenient for the space. 
I'm glad I didn't settle for something I would have only enjoyed for the moment. Talk about cozy! I catch my husband walking on it and I know he likes it too!

























The dining room table gets the most attention when the seasons change.
It's the place where I eat my meals, have coffee, relax and have chats with my husband every day
It's the focal point of the apartment I would say. When I entertain, we all commune here.
The table is the number one place (in my opinion) that you can change the overall "feeling" of your home.  I had my parents and in laws over for dinner a couple weeks ago and wanted to make a cozy, Fall table.  Here's what a big table needs to feel warm, rustic and inviting.
1. Simple centerpiece. 
2.Textured placemats. (On sale!)
3. Neutral napkins.
4. Natural napkin rings. (On sale!)
5. Earthy serving pieces.
6. Table runner.
Done!

And yes, my husband and I do use these things even when we don't have company.
Life is too short not to enjoy all of the wonderful, pretty things you work hard for to purchase!

 It's not about taking pictures and putting them on the internet or Instagram to show everyone else what you have and then stuff them in a closet when there is no audience.
I live my life like this every day - not because I want to show off to someone, but because I strive to make myself happy. When I walk around my house by myself, I want to be pleased with what I've created for myself and how I've decorated where I live. I like to surround myself with nice things (and that doesn't always mean expensive things!).
I suspect  that some of you do too! And that's why I started blogging.
I figured, maybe I had a flair for being creative and fashionable and wanted to share these things with people who felt the same and shared my interests.

So my point is! *lol*.....pull out those fancy dishes and glasses and use them for yourself on a random Tuesday! You deserve it!































































This is what the table looks like when it's clear of food and tableware.
In the evenings I sometimes light all the candles in the house and shut the lights 
and it looks so pretty.
I found these little ceramic pumpkins at Target. Not sure if they are still available.
During the Spring and Summer, I remove the candle from this hurricane and fill it with fresh flowers. My table would be lost without this gem! I highly recommend purchasing one. 
For $20, it will stay on your table every day of the year!























More candles! I love chunky candles all over! 
I found these at Target as well. Ridiculously cheap and they are quality and beautiful.
And of course my fav candle from Bath and Body works - "Sweater Weather".










































What makes a home more cozy than something freshly baked from the oven?!
It makes the house smell so good and a warm treat for yourself or guests is always the nicest touch! I also have a glass cupcake candy jar that holds goodies for all on their way in or out!
























Last, but not least....a throw/blanket for the couch. it really does make a difference! I like ones with fringe that hang down off the arm of the couch. When you walk in, you just feel the warmth which is what I want. I love to snuggle up to a good blanket with the candles flickering when I watch Vampire Diaries! xo







































My friends, I hope I have given even just one of you some inspiration while you are decorating and entertaining this holiday season. I hope you achieve "cozy" in your Autumn home by trying one of these examples and I hope you spoil yourself with "the good stuff" in life. Grand or simple. If that means a freshly baked cookie or a candle or pulling out the glasses you got for your shower 15 years ago, then damnit, I say do it! DO IT! Live your cozy life NOW! Not later, not when you buy a house, not only when company comes over but now. Make yourself happy and cozy tonight! <3 


- V.V.


















Leave a Comment

Post a Comment