V.V. Lately....




Hi world! How is everyone's Summer coming along? I don't have too many spectacular things going on but since it's been a while, I figured I'd do a "V.V. Lately" blog and share some fun things happening with me. If you follow me on Instagram you might recognize some pictures. Sometimes it's easier to post a simple picture and a fun caption rather than making a whole to do blog about it. Not that I don't love big to do's! (That's why you should follow me on all channels!  Ya might miss something! *hint* Hint*) 

Ok! So let's catch up!





Nothing like a morning selfie to get the day started! I don't know about you, but I tend to have a section in my wardrobe that's not allocated to any particular season. Take this sweater for example; It's a beautiful, fun yellow color, light weight knit, but it's a long sleeve. Too hot for your typical Summer day, too bright for Autumn. On days like this where it's pure sunshine outside with no humidity and a nice breeze, I can utilize gems like this! I paired it with dark skinny jeans and tan leather flip flops. It's true, a color like this makes me instantly happy just looking at it. xo









































This past Sunday I attended a Chanel inspired bridal shower for my co-worker and let me tell you - it was super fab! I'm going to do a full blog post about that with tons of gorgeous pics. 
In the meantime, check out this amazing Chanel bag cake and Chanel cupcakes!



I honestly don't know what took me so long, but I am a total Madewell convert! Love their stuff. I've always liked their stuff but I just never ventured over to that side of the street I guess..... I was in the mall and decided to pop in and I was delighted and now I want everything! 
Had to have this Arrowstack Necklace and I also purchased online the 
The Berkeley Tote in "burnished caramel" for Fall. 
I might just make a Madewell wish list blog......


























Been hangin' out at the beach....took some "me" days to just decompress, read and relax!
Spf 50 slathered on of course but I still look pretty golden if I don't say so myself....
























Some recent Fall Gap purchases I totally adore:
















Accessories just make everything better! Totally forgot I had this triple gold stacked MK ring. 
I found it cleaning out my jewelry drawer the other day. I was so happy! It was like I purchased it for the first time all over again.





































Sneaker shopping for my husband last week and I ran into these while holding my bag. I almost died. I didn't buy them because I know I don't need them and I have to learn that I can't just "have" anything I want and like! I need to restrain myself! But goodness were these perfect....












































And on the homefront aspect of things..... I'm STILL working on closet/fashion room. Here's a sneak peek of what it's looking like these days. So many boxes to go through and things to get rid of. How can one person accumulate so much stuff?!?! I still need a new chandelier pendant, a rug and some little accessories for the final touches and THEN I will finally do a blog. 













































These are a constant in my house - they just make such a clean and pretty look to my table.
Sometimes I put them in the bedroom or on the living room coffee table.








































and last but not least. Some of you might know and some not, but I have been a bit "throw pillow crazy!" - meaning I couldn't for the longest time find the right pillows for my couch. I went into Homegoods around Springtime and settled for pillows that were not necessarily my taste but had nice color. I thought I could live with them and ended up hating them within a week. I just think my furniture and the print of the pillows clashed?
So after frantically searching the internet, I found these lovely beauties at Urban Outfitters and I could not be happier! The whole look of my apartment is... greige. lol
Lots of gray and cream. I thought I would be happy adding in splashes of bright color but it turns out, apartment wise, monochromatic is the way to my heart! I happen to think keeping in the same color scheme looks cozy. So what I've learned is, color is not necessarily always the solution to a drab look. Bringing in different textures changes the whole game up!
These pillows have a 3 dimensional woven outside which makes my couch pop and I am thinking to pair it up with a chunky cable knit throw to hang over the arm of the couch.
Texture, my friends is your friend!









































So...enough about me....whats new with YOU??

 - V.V. 





Leave a Comment

Post a Comment