Trip To the MAC Counter




What does one do on a day off in 85 degree weather? One goes to the air conditioned mall.
At least this one did! Yesterday (Memorial Day), I had a few things in mind I wanted to look into at the mall so here is a sample of a few treats I scooped up at the MAC counter.









































Mineralize lip glass in "Tender"
It's a perfect mix of pink and lilac which is exactly what I was looking for. I have found that the plums and purples work with my skin so I'm trying to build my color palette.
Also, I like the opaque finish. It's very creamy and not sheer which I prefer because sheers tend to look the same on my lips no matter what shade they are and they just don't show enough color for my preference when I am going for a strong lip.

From the new Summer Aquatic collection, frosted lipstick in  "Pet me, Please"
I wasn't particularly drawn to this color until the makeup artist insisted I try it on. She thought it would go great with my skin. I thought, " yeah, yeah, lady, push your product, I don't fall for those beauty counter games!"......and then I tried it on. I HAD TO HAVE IT! She was sooooo right! 
What a gorgeous, frosted, bronzey, metallic for Summer skin!  Remember those Bonnie Bell frosted lip balms we all had in the 80's? It's like that, but so much better.....and grown up! 
So glad I tried it on. Such a cliche but the fact remains: never judge a book by it's cover.
The faux water bead packaging is to die for. Y'all know I'm a sucker for packaging.

Mineralize blush in "Gentle"
Coming back to the plums again - I wanted to get away from all of my pink.
This is sheer, but pigmented enough where it really shows up on the skin and can be layered for a more dramatic look. It has baked in gold flecks and swirls so it's a natural highlighter as well.
Round of applause for a multi purpose product. Again - I am so lazy, skipping a step in my makeup routine is such a bonus! 

If you're into any of these products or colors, I hope I helped your shopping endeavours!

(I Took the pics with my flash on so they can come across pinkish, but  next time I will do with and without the flash so you can get a better idea of the shades)

Have a great day!

- V.V.





Leave a Comment

Post a Comment