Maximize Your Maxi!





Most people (myself included) equate dresses with dressing up. I mean, why wouldn't they? They word "dress" itself is in the term dress up.
But let me tell ya, dresses are in fact, the ultimate dress down. Dresses are the new sweatpants.

Aside from ballgowns, wedding dresses and super fancy attire (duh),  I'm here to tell you (incase you didn't already know, which I'm sure you did!) that dresses are a lazy girl's best friend. 

Gotta wake up early and run to the post office/cvs/grocery store? Top knot, dress, flip flops.
Brunch date with the girls? Sunglasses, dress, sandals.
Date night? Statement necklace, dress, light sweater/denim jacket
Company coming over? Dress
Beach? Bathing suit, Dress, Spf
Mani/ pedi? Dress means easy access to your legs and feet.

You see the common denominator here?

The simplest thing you could do to appear put together, to feel good, to look chic and polished, is to throw on a dress.
Jeans, tops, cardigans, camis, layers, shorts, scarves, button downs, zippers, etc. 
Blah. Blah. Blah. Doesn't that sound like a lot of work?! 
Think about it, you LITERALLY slip a dress over your head, or step into one and with one swoop of an adjustment, you're dressed! It's like magic. And you automatically look great. 
The same goes with a maxi skirt and a t-shirt or tank.

This past weekend I had a birthday dinner to attend in honor of my best friend. The weather was iffy, I was feeling  a bit out of sorts and wasn't sure what to wear. I went with the dress. Took me 5 minutes to do my makeup and 1 minute - maybe less! - to get dressed and I was out the door and feeling good. There's no thinking involved. The dress does all the work for  you....all YOU have to do, is find one (or 10!) you love!

Here is my look from this past weekend:

















































































































Leave a Comment

Post a Comment