It's Raining Dumplings!




Tuesday was my day off and it was pouring out....(of course. The sunny days are reserved for work days!) Whatev.

Rainy day agenda:
1. Sleep in
2. Pretty Little Liars (catching up on season 4)
3. Take some blog pix
4. Lunch with my husband at Joe's Shanghai 
5. Car Accident (true story! I didn't plan that one but it did happen!  lol 
We're totally ok so I can now joke about it!)
6. Stay under the covers for the remainder of the evening!




































I wanted a traditional YELLOW rain coat. Old school.....something Mr. Rogers would wear? 
Or the Gorton's fisherman.....but you get my drift. I guess I wasn't the only person with that idea because I literally saw 6 yellow (maybe more) rain coats out and about. Do you know, someone had the nerve to doubt my rain fashion? A woman in a yellow trench coat was walking by with a few gentlemen and one of them said to her..." looks like you have yellow coat competition"......I responded to him ( I assume he didn't think I heard or would dare answer.....OBVI doesn't know who the hell I be!) "I win!" and they kept walking. It was about to be a yellow raincoat showdown on the mean streets of Queens!

Old Navy Raincoat: Sold out. Similar Here and Here // Gap Striped Sweater: (3 years old)
Old Navy Jeans: Here // Helly Hansen Rain Booties Here // Felix Rey Umbrella Here

*Since I promise to always keep it real on the blog, I should tell you....the Felix Rey umbrellas are adorable but the quality is terrible. I would NOT buy another one. If you'd like something fun to use in a VERY light rain with no wind, I suppose you could get away with using this. If function is what you're after, I hate to say, this isn't it!

  


































I felt like I was standing outside trying to pose in a monsoon!  My neighbors must have been like....what the hell is she doing?! The things we do for fashion.....





















These are super cute. I originally wanted these in navy but they sold out so I ended up with the white. Next time I'll try these with my navy jacket and bootcut jeans for a different look.


Onto the dumplings!




















Joe's Shanghai in Flushing

Known for their famous soup dumplings. My husband had been here with his friends and always talked about taking me. We had the day off together so it was the perfect time.




































I don't know if my review will help or hurt but overall, I thought the dumplings were very good. Messy. Prepare to have "soup" everywhere.  I guess the word that keeps coming to my mind is "good". I don't want to say great? But I'm not a dumpling aficionado so what the hell do I know?!
If you enjoy dumplings and soup, then you'll like these. Check it out!
Beware - cash only!

So I had a smidge of bad luck with the fender bender but I can say that my rainy day wasn't a total wash! <3 

Happy Drip-Droppin'!

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment